Cat5e direct burial cable is a horizontal 24 AWG Ethernet cable with a polyethylene jacket. There are four unshielded pure copper twisted pairs of wires in it. These twisted pairs work as the conductor of the cable. Each of the pairs comes in a unique color that makes their identification easy for the network administrators.
Cat5e Outdoor Solid Copper cable comes with flooded twisted pairs of wires with a water-blocking gel. This enhancement makes it perfect for outdoor use. Generally, it is used for direct burial. This is why it is called a CMX cable. It is tested to a bandwidth of 350MHz.
It supports all applications of category 5 efficiently. It includes Ethernet 100BASE-TX, 100BASE-VG, and 155 ATM. They are best for high bandwidth applications such as 622 ATM. Especially, Wideband, and Ethernet 10000BASE-T.
ANSI/TIA/EIA 568B.2.1 Category 5e Swept to 350MHz.
Construction Layout of Cat5e Direct Burial Cable
- Conductor: 24 AWG Pure Solid Copper
- Number of Twisted Pair Wires: 4 Twisted Pairs
- Flooding Compound: Water Blocking Gel
- Jacket Material: Polyethylene
- Nominal Overall Cable Diameter: 0.185 in./ 4.699 mm
- Cable Weight: 1000ft. length/ 20lb weight
Electrical and Physical Features
- Temperature Rating:
- Installation: 0°C to 50°C
- Operation: -60°C to 60°C
- Velocity of Propagation: 70%
- Mutual Capacitance: 14 pF/ft. Nominal
- Capacitance Unbalance: 330 pF/ft. maximum
- Maximum Conductor D.C.R: 28.6 Ω/1,000 ft.
- Maximum D.C.R Unbalance: 3%
- Maximum Delay Skew: 45.0 ns/100m
- Maximum Propagation Delay Skew: 5.7 ns/100m
- Characteristic Impedance:
- From 0.772 MHz – 100 MHz 100Ω± 15%
- From 101 MHz – 250 MHz 100 Ω ± 22%
- From 251 MHz – 350 MHz 100 Ω ± 32%
- Minimum Bend Radius: 1.0 in.
- Insulation Colors:
- Blue paired with White/Blue
- Orange paired with White/Orange
- Green paired with White/Green
Features of Cat5e Direct Burial Cable With Water Blocking Gel Unshielded Ethernet Cable
- Fast and reliable data cable for high-performance
- Tested up to extended 350MHz bandwidth
- Easy Installation
- Available in 1000ft EZ-Pull Boxes